- 1150-1210 hrs Fancy Dress Registration
There will be prizes for various categories in fancy dress including best buggy & float.
Note: Judging will conclude at 1220hrs.
- 1220 hrs (approx.) Royal Party
- 1225 hrs (approx.) Parade leaves Community Centre led by the Balaclava Band to parade around the village to conclude in the Park where the day’s events take place.
Entertainment for Gala afternoon:
- Blues Dance Academy – Teacher, Miss Suzie Forsyth
- Dawn Fraser School of Dancing
- Cambusbarron Karate Club Display
For the children:
- Beat the Goalie
- Playpot ceramics
- Tea & Coffee will be available in the Park from a mobile provider.
- The Church Hall is also offering tea & coffee with home baking to those wishing refreshment under cover.
- The Community Centre will be open but for toilet use, costume change and competition display ONLY.
- Michael More will be providing burgers, hot dogs etc.
- A beer tent will be operated by the Forrester’s Bar and various stalls will be open in the park for the duration.
During the week preceding the Gala the following events will be held:
Monday, 16th June - a Nature Walk led by wildlife photographer Robert Trevis-Smith for children from P4 upwards but they must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are also welcome. It will take approx. 1-1.5hrs on Gillies Hill. Departs 1800hrs outside the school. All donations go to the Gala.
Wednesday, 18th June - Historic Walk through Gillies Hill to the Quarry led by local Historian, Peter Paterson. Leaves the Community Centre at 1830hrs followed by wine and nibbles in the library. Note: this is a repeat of last year’s walk. Donations welcome to Save the Gillies Hill.
Both of these events may be cancelled in the event of bad weather.
- Cross Country – Thursday, 19th June – organised by the Primary School.
- Football Tournament - to be arranged by the Primary School.
Details of both these events are available in the school.
- Photography – ‘Hidden Gems of Cambusbarron’.
- Baking Competition – Biscuits, Cup Cakes & Novelty Cake.
- Summer Hat Competition – make a summer hat for the Gala.
Details of these competitions are available on posters around the village.