An unprecedented crisis has arisen: two quarriers, Patersons, from North Lanarkshire, and Tillicoultry Quarries (who have already erected a big sign at the entrance to Murrayshall,) are intending to begin further destruction of the historic and beautiful Hill.
The irony of such destruction is even more awful in a year which sees the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn when the ghillies, or camp-followers of Bruce's army, were stationed there, before, according to legend, descending the Hill onto the Battlefield, making the already hard-pressed English see them as Scottish reinforcements.
Besides the terrible impact on Gillies Hill - which has not been quarried for almost 20 years - the quarriers will, inevitably increase the volume of loaded lorries through Torbrex, St Ninians, Cambusbarron and the Kings Park area.
They'll also drive off, or even destroy, some rare species such as red squirrels, peregrine falcons and pine martens. And: the trees that are visible at the top of the Hill from every direction - redwoods or sequoia, planted by the Murrays when Polmaise Castle was built in 1865, and whose 'heads' are already above all other trees - will be destroyed almost at once: awful for infants only 150 years old when their cousins in California have been growing for several thousand years.
The meeting on 2 May will detail the crisis faced by Gillies Hill and its many surrounding communities, but will also outline how Save Gillies Hill - which has for the last seven years successfully opposed plans to restart quarrying - will attempt to counter this latest, and most dangerous, threat.
That's why all supporters/sympathisers should attend.